Waters Edge (WE) Gluten Free Commercial Kitchen – Grow your food business with us! Located just off 35E, at Hwy 36 and Hwy 61, you have easy access – to and from anywhere in the metro area.
• Waters Edge is the perfect place to start or expand your food production business without investing in a lot of equipment. Share time and space with other (amazing!) entrepreneurs and food startups. It’s a great community. Schedule a tour – we would love to show you around. Contact us to get started!
Facility and Amenities Overview:
• MDA certified 6,000 Sq Ft Commercial Kitchen for wholesale producers and manufacturers.
• Building has 24/7 coded access.
• Excellent kitchen equipment including Hobart mixers, tilt skillet 3 phase, multiple gas burners, bakery ovens and more!
• Converted to Gluten Free Facility in 2020.
• Multiple clean and bright working areas with numerous skylights.
• Three separate 3 compartment sink areas.
• Break Room with Kitchenette: coffee maker, microwave, toaster oven, fridge, dishes.
• 2 ADA Restrooms.
• Conference Room – free for maker use; reserve on calendar.
• Semi Height Shipping Dock with Pallet Jacks and Two Wheelers.
• Onsite Parking.
• Internet Access Provided.
• Security alarm, Fire alarms, Video cameras.
• Electric, Gas & Garbage included.
Kitchen & Bakery Work Areas:
• Bakery area:
• Two large dual-rack rotating bakery ovens.
• Maker designated oven racks.
• Plenty of Stainless Steel (SS) tables for prep and production.
• Four Hobart Mixers: Two 20-qt. and Two 60-qt.
• Rack of shared sheet pans.
• Induction burners.
• Filtered water.
• Baking sheet sized 3-compartment sink for easy clean up.
• Stove area:
• Gas 10-burner stove
• (2)– 2-burner stock pot stoves
• Tilt Skillet, three phase.
• Sanitizer for glass jars.
• Prep Sinks and SS tables for production.
• Easy access to traditional sized 3-compartment sink.
• Production/Packaging areas:
• Multiple SS tables, plenty of space to set up your production or packaging.
• Prep area: Long run of SS tables with prep vegetable sinks on either end.
Smaller packaging room has a small 3-compartment sink and SS table area.
• Large walk-in freezer, dedicated space.
• 2 Walk-in Coolers, designated space.
• 2 Reach-in Multi Door Freezers, designated space.
• Food Grade Dry Storage Space, designated.
• Maker designated rolling racks for dry storage in the kitchen.
• Other warehouse storage considered as needed
Process to Use the Kitchen:
• We use The Food Corridor, an online software program allowing makers to reserve designated work areas & shared equipment. Reservation means that it will be ready when you are.
• Be set up as a recognized business entity.
• Have (or get) a ServSafe Food Manager Certification (Online Class.)
• Have Liability Insurance on your business with WE kitchen added as additional insured.
• Be Wholesale Production & Manufacturing ONLY.
• Makers will need an individual MDA (MN Dept. of Agriculture) license.
Lease Application Process: Contact DJ and set an appointment to tour the facility!
• Rent is determined by the amount of time, space and amenities needed for your food business.
•We offer flexible rental programs.
• 6- & 12-month rental agreements.
Interested Parties need to provide the following information:
• What food you will be producing. Please note this is a Gluten Free Kitchen
• Confirm food production items are for wholesale.
• Estimated kitchen time needed (i.e. number of days/week and hours on those days).
• Equipment needs (i.e. bakery ovens, stock pot stoves, tilt skillet, mixers, etc.)
• Storage needs (i.e., pallets, packing supplies, rolling carts of equipment, freezer and cooler space, etc.)
• Number of your crew in the kitchen at a time.
Pricing starts at $300/mo depending on space and time needed by your business.
Short term 6 month rental agreements are available as well as annual.
Rents are paid via direct bank ACH deposits
We hope you start and grow with us.
Accepted Business Stages
- Pre-venture (idea phase, limited sales)
Application Fee Amount
Security deposit with signed rental agreement
See other kitchens in Saint Paul, MN.
Is this your kitchen?
Let us know about any information you want to change.